Solved

"I want to import data into Amplitude" option not available

• 7 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi

First time using amplitude. Am trying to augment my analytics reports with some “look up table” data and this article suggests it should be possible via csv upload

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/8634149673627-Add-more-data-to-event-and-user-properties-with-Lookup-Tables

However, I can’t find the "I want to import data into Amplitude" option anywhere in the app

It looks like the UI has changed since that article was created. I can see Data Sources (3rd party libs) but nothing suggesting a csv import is possible

Am I missing something obvious? Or is this feature no longer supported?

Any help much appreciated!

Russ

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 8 September 2022, 21:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @russ 

I think this feature has been made available recently given that the documentation is out there now. But not quite sure if this GA for all plans yet.

Are you able to locate the "I want to import data into Amplitude" part via Data Sources?

If yes, then the next step will be to see if you have the “Lookup Tables” → CSV option in the list.

I had to ask my CSM to enable the Lookup Tables feature flag for my org.

Hi, thanks for responding - but no I can’t find the "I want to import data into Amplitude" link or text anywhere. Any chance someone can provide a screen shot and/or example url of where it should be?

Russ

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you are using the classic UI, then the Sources/Destinations will be located in the bottom left corner

This is how it is for me

Clicking Data Sources will lead you to the following

And if your account has the Lookup Tables enabled, then you will see it at the bottom of the list

The documentation for the lookup feature refers to Amplitude Data, so I believe the Data Sources option will be located as here

And then maybe Add Source.( I think the documentation has not been updated )

I’m pulling this from the academy tutorials as I don’t have access to Amplitude Data to confirm the workflow.
For context, I’m using the Lookup feature via the classic UI.

Hi, is there a way to seed my Amplitude account only using csv data? Right now the setup wizard is trying to make me connect an API source, but I just want to import some event data from a csv file and then analyze it with Amplitude. I’m not even able to access the dashboard you all are referencing in your screenshots because the setup wizard wants an API connection. Help!

Thanks!