Solved

Tooltip displays an Incomplete information

Why is it that when I enter text with Thai amplitude, the information is show incomplete?

Round #1: enter Enter only English information
Result: show complete information

Amplitude Result:

Original information:

Round #2: enter Enter only Thai information 
Result: show incomplete information 

Amplitude Result:

Original information:

Note: If entering English and Thai information, it still doesn't show complete information.

icon

Best answer by Thao Nguyen 15 May 2022, 18:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Narong T.,

Thank you for writing in, happy to assist!

There is a character limit of 1024 characters for all string values (User ID, event or user property values, etc.). Arrays have a limit of 10000 characters when append/prepend is used (available for user property types only). Any string that exceeds this limit will be truncated. More information can be found in our help documentation here.

Would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message? I will take a closer look.

1) A link to the event stream in round #2

2) The original information in Thai and English in text format

Thank you!

Best,

Thao

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Narong T., I have checked with our engineering team and learned that string values are limited to 1024 characters on the size as utf-8 encoding.

After some testing, we notice that all characters take at least a size 3, while some take more than that (e.g those with accents). Here is a quick reference
e: 1
é: 2
大: 3 (chinese)
靈: 3 (chinese)
า: 3 (thai)
ร์: 6 (thai)

The original Thai string has 996 characters, but the utf-8 size is 2822. Hence it was truncated to ~36% of its size. We would suggest reducing the string to about 300 characters for Thai in order to show the complete information in Thai.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!

Best,

Thao