Solved

Sessions reporting like GA

• 30 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello -  

I am struggling with creating a session report that behaves like a funnel and shows conversion rate.  
i think the sessions reporting analysis is what i need but all i see is a “timeline” output.  I am needing to see a 

purchase event / total numbers of sessions = conversion rate

But the closes thing i get is a chart at the bottom with the total number of sessions.  

icon

Best answer by timothy-permutable 5 October 2022, 09:09

View original

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi Michael!

I suggest you use the funnel chart type for this rather than the session chart type.

You can set the first event of the funnel as “start session”, and the second as “purchase”. This will give you the conversion rate aggregated over a time period, and you can switch to “Conversion over time” to see it broken down by day/week/month.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello - thank you for your response. I am looking for “start session” in amplitude but not seeing that in the funnel chart. 

Badge +10

If your product is mobile, you can configure this on:
https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002323627-Track-sessions-in-Amplitude#h_40274f84-1fa1-4eb9-8c0e-252ff5313654

If your product is web / using the javascript sdk, start session is not fired, so I would recommend instead that you put another event as the first event (e.g. pageview) and then look at the conversion rate on daily basis using the conversion over time tab.