Solved

Retention based on hour of the day

• 13 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to understand if a specific event’s engagement can have an impact based on hour of the day or a specific day (Mon - Sun). Is it possible to visualize this in retention chart?

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 15 October 2021, 11:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi sahanlak,

Thank you for reaching out. 

At the moment we are not able to measure retention based on the hour of the day or a specific day (Mon - Sun) in the Retention chart. 

Would you mind elaborating on what kind of analysis you are trying to do? How do you define “impact”? With more detailed information, perhaps I could think of a workaround for your analysis. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best, 
Yuanyuan

Badge

Hi Yuanyuan,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to find out behaviour of most engaged users around a specific event. For a specific event, once I identified the most engaged users, then I want to see if they have taken the action in a specific time of the day/day of the week.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi sahanlak,

Thanks for letting me know. 

I would suggest first using our Stickiness chart to find out what your most engaged users are doing by showing you how often users fire specific events over a given period of time. If you know who your power users are, add them to a user segment and include it in a stickiness analysis. Amplitude will help you uncover what they're doing differently, information you can use to effectively redirect the product interactions of your regular users.

For this analysis: For a specific event, once I identified the most engaged users, then I want to see if they have taken the action in a specific time of the day/day of the week’, I would suggest using our Event Segmentation chart, with hourly/daily granularity,  to check if they fire that specific event in a specific time of the day/day of the week. You could select the desired user segment(most engaged users) in the right module of Event Segmentation chart, or apply a behavioural cohort

Please note: The feature of behavioral cohort is only available to customers on Enterprise, Growth, and Scholarship plans. I am unable to check what plan your org currently is on. In case it is the Starter plan, please feel free to check if your company qualifies for our Scholarship Plan? This is a temporary plan type for startup customers in which you can get one year of the Amplitude Growth plan at no cost. In case your company qualifies, you could apply here

I hope this is helpful to you. Please let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Best, 
Yuanyuan

Badge

Thanks, applied for scholar