Solved

Need Help with Revenue Currency

• 14 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am new to amplitude.

I read the docs that the currency needs to be decided before hand and it cannot be converted.

But I see its always shown in USD . 

How to change that to any other unit/currency? I don’t mean to convert the currency but just to update the display text from USD to any other (like INR) 

Any help would be really great :slight_smile:

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 14 July 2021, 18:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @XenonCI , 

Amplitude does not currently support currency conversion or multi-currency and therefore they recommend normalizing to a single currency before sending any revenue data.

You can read the following post for more context :

As far as the display text goes in the revenue LTV charts, I don’t think it’s possible to change it to any other currency at the moment.

If you think this could be a valuable feature depending on your use case, you can submit your idea/requests in here .

Hope this helps!

Badge

Thanks @Saish Redkar for the response.

We have normalised the currency and sending in format of INR only.

But we always get the USD currency on amplitude charts and everywhere. Not even possible just to change the currency text? Not conversion. 

😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @XenonCI 

In the Revenue LTV charts, I don’t think there is a direct way to do that.

But if you can try replicating some of those charts using custom revenue formulas in event segmentation, you can possibly then customize your Y-axis Title to be in INR I believe. Let me know if this one works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@XenonCI hey! as Saish has mentioned, there is no way to change the currency symbol in Amplitude. The “$” sign indicates that this is revenue data, but that does not meant that specific data is dollars. Here I would recommend submitting this as a Feature Request, in the Product Feedback category.

Badge

Hey @XenonCI 

In the Revenue LTV charts, I don’t think there is a direct way to do that.

But if you can try replicating some of those charts using custom revenue formulas in event segmentation, you can possibly then customize your Y-axis Title to be in INR I believe. Let me know if this one works.

Thank you again. I am using the custom formulas to change the y axis title. 🙂