Solved

How do I duplicate a chart?

• 25 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

How do I duplicate a chart?

The copy icon mentioned here (https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/231999267-Create-Save-Charts#copy) is almost never available (see attached screenshot). Is this a bug? Do we have to pay extra to be able to duplicate charts?

Best,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 25 August 2021, 16:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Daniel ,

Afaik, you can copy only saved charts and not a draft/unsaved one. Is the chart you are looking at a saved chart?

I believe the Copy action is available to all irrespective of plan type. Not sure if this is something to do with the role you have within Amplitude, but I don’t see any “copy” specific action explicitly mentioned in the User Permissions doc, which rules out the possibility.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Daniel ! As @Saish Redkar has mentioned, I would first ensure the chart i actually saved first. Then once you enter the chart, you will have the copy button as highlighted in the attached photo. Can you confirm if you see this after saving the chart? If not, I can investigate on my end. Thank you!

Badge

Thank you for your quick responses @Denis Holmes and @Saish Redkar. Saving a chart doesn’t make the copy button appear (see screenshots). I’ve tried in Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Brave but can never get the copy button to appear.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Daniel ,

My apologies for the late reply, I was OOO last week. Would you be so kind as to send me, in a private message, the chart link, the email you use in Amplitude and what organization and project you are in? Once you message me, I will investigate this for you and see what the issue is. Thank you!

Badge

Was this solved? I'm facing the exact same problem. Actually I don’t think I ever saw the ‘Copy’ button in either saved or draft charts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@cavalheiro 

If you click on the More drop-down list, there should be a Save As button presented. I believe the copy button is no more. The save as button would be the copy button, basically. :) I hope that helps! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Also note that the UI behaves differently depending on whether you are working from a chart you own yourself or from one owned by someone else. At least for me, the Copy button is located differently in these two cases.

Badge

Hmmmmmmmm got it! Indeed the ‘’Save As’’ performs what I wanted. Thanks!