Solved

Are there events in between User Streams?

• 21 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

When viewing User Streams from a data point, are there any events taking place in between those streams or does it represent the exact user path?

icon

Best answer by sydney.koh 22 January 2021, 23:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nicol Hawkins !

User Streams will show the exact user path, so there will be no events in between the events shown in the stream. There are limits to the stream though and it will not cover a user’s entire event stream. It will show all of a user's events within the date range of the data point and will also show up to 25 events before the beginning of the time range and up to 50 events after the start of the time range. You can read more details on this feature here on our help center.

Hope this helps!

Sydney

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank you @sydney.koh

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @sydney.koh,

The Microscope article says that “if you have a specific event selected, then the event will be highlighted in the user's stream”.
When we build the event segmentation chart using “Any Active Event” instead of a specific event, I see this in the User Streams:

Any idea what’s the criteria for highlighting a bunch of those events? I couldn’t find any specific pattern in the highlighting.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Saish Redkar happy to explain! 

The highlighted events in the User Stream will be showing the Active events that are in the data point that you selected. So for example, if you chose the February 4th 2021 data point in your chart the User Stream will highlight the Active events that occurred on February 4th 2021.

Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ah! Understood. Thanks for explaining, @sydney.koh  :grinning:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Of course anytime!