Solved

Are notebooks static?

• 1 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello everyone!

I am documenting the state of our user base along different time frames for recording purposes and would like to understand whether notebooks are static or dynamic. 

The reason why this is important, is because I need backup for investors and other stakeholders to show them a snapshot of our product at given points in time (ie. at the end of every month) and need that to be the ground truth for our discussions. This is particularly important in things such as retention charts which are always evolving as cohorts age.

Are notebooks a good way to document this, or is there a better solution? 

Thank  you very much!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 1 September 2021, 19:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @andreias ,

From what I know, Notebooks are dynamic as long as the timeframe of the charts contained in them is dynamic ( e.g Last 30 days/ Last 12 weeks, etc ) and static w.r.t. comments/calls/insights you insert on the specific charts. 

I would use the “Between” clause when selecting the timeframe for the specific months in the charts you are adding to the Notebook for your monthly snapshot use case . Or a wide enough time range ( like last 36 months ) to show a longer monthly trend.

If you want to tell a compelling data story of how your product and user base has been evolving over a period of time, then Notebooks is definitely a good solution inside Amplitude.

Let me know if I have interpreted your question correctly. Hope this helps.

Badge

Thanks Saish