Solved

why I am still able to search the user which is scheduled for deletion

• 30 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi, I have 3 questions

1. Is the below api valid to get detailed information about the user or is there any other api
    https://amplitude.com/api/2/useractivity?user={amplitude_id}
  2. why I am still able to search the user which is scheduled for deletion using above api ? will I be able be search api once it’s status is completed?
  3. How do I know the status of the user whether he is in staging or not using it’s user_id?
icon

Best answer by eddie.gaona 30 July 2021, 20:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @sonali123,

1. The User Activity API is the only option to obtain the most recent 1000 events and user property information of a user. More information available here.
  2. If the user is still scheduled for deletion then it is the case that the user is still available. I recommend waiting until the job is done.
  3.  To check job status of the User Privacy API you can use the GET request to obtain that information. Here is more information about this.
Badge

Thanks @eddie.gaona for the reply.

1. One more question is suppose I call user deletion api for a user and that user is scheduled to be deleted suppose after 15 days. What will happen if:

a. I hit the deletion api (Post call) again after 10 days of first hit. Will this extend his days of deletion or it will still be after 15 days of first hit?
    b. I hit the deletion api after 15 days of first hit. Will I get a error code  or Success with “Done” status in response.

hello community, how do I delete user ids with empty first and last names from amplitude? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @gloria!

What do you mean by “empty first and last names”? Are these user properties within your project?

Nonetheless, to delete users from projects you will need either the Amplitude ID or User ID to submit the job for deletion. More information about the parameters needed can be found, here.